King’s College School La Moraleja, rated as “Outstanding” in every category in the 2019 British School Overseas report inspected by PENTA.
King’s College Schools are the only schools in Madrid that are regularly inspected by the body, accredited by the British government. King’s College School La Moraleja has been awarded “Outstanding” in every category for three consecutive years by Penta International.
Download Full BSO Report 2019
There are many strengths at the school, including the following:
• The pupils, who are courteous, well-behaved, eager to learn, confident and excellent ambassadors for their school.
• The support and challenge which is provided by the King’s Group managing board, to ensure ongoing growth and development of the school.
• The leadership provided by the headteacher, deputy head and other members of the SLT, which maintains a clear focus on continuous school improvement across all areas, displaying a creative approach.
• The contribution of middle leaders, who are proactive in driving developments in key areas whilst providing support to their teams.
• The teaching body, who work tirelessly to give pupils learning experiences which engage, excite and enthuse, whilst ensuring high levels of progress and attainment.
• The school ethos, culture and learning environment which is warm and vibrant, enhancing pupils’ progress and social and emotional development.
• Activities, enrichment and enhancements to the curriculum which provide opportunities for pupils to develop interests, attitudes, knowledge, skills and understanding beyond the formal curriculum.
• The use of data to inform planning, teaching, groupings and targeted support to meet individual pupil needs.
• Rigorous and robust procedures around pupil safeguarding, and the focus on pupil and staff well-being and mental health.
• Opportunities available for staff to develop professionally and pursue fulfilling careers.
• Involvement of parents to allow them to become true partners in their child’s learning.